Indulge in a Healthy Dessert: Vegan and Sugar-free Chocolate Hazelnut Milk Ice-cream Recipe
Do you miss the taste of delicious and creamy chocolate ice cream, but being on a whole-food plant-based diet makes it difficult for you to find the right ice cream? Well, FRET NOT! Here's a whole food plant-based version of a sugar-free recipe for chocolate hazelnut milk ice cream that is just as delicious, decadent, and creamy. A healthy summer treat that's great for your gut!
- 2 cups unsweetened chocolate hazelnut milk from The Vegan Milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of fresh vanilla bean pod
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Slice the vanilla bean pod in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Use the back of the knife to scrape out the seeds from the pod.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a high-speed blender along with the hazelnut milk, dates (with the soaking water), cacao powder, vanilla bean, and salt. Blend on high speed until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a large, shallow container and place it in the freezer for about 2 hours, or until it starts to freeze around the edges.
- Remove the container from the freezer and use a fork or whisk to stir the mixture vigorously, breaking up any ice crystals that have formed. Return the container to the freezer.
- Repeat step 3 every 30 minutes or so until the mixture is completely frozen and has a smooth, creamy texture. This should take about 3-4 hours in total.
- Once the ice cream is fully frozen, it's ready to serve! Scoop it into bowls and top it with your favorite toppings like chopped hazelnuts, fresh berries, or a drizzle of dairy-free chocolate sauce.